Sunday, 7 January 2007

The calm after Christmas

Well, have been off here for a while as so hectic over Christmas but did have a great time. Finally got back at looking at my Christmas Journal and started by redoing the front page. This was not entirely my decision! I wanted to protect it a little by adding a layer of diluted pva but as soon as I touched the surface the cheap Papermania paper fell apart! So had the great opportunity to redo it with lovely papers! Fortunately had some gorgeous Blonde Moments papers in my December Scrapagogo kit so used those and much happier with this front cover.

Was my first go at using Ultra thick embossing powder to cover chipboard letters and have to say wouldn't do that again as took ages to get it right! Doesn't come out well in the scan but the end result on the letters in real life is gorgeous as they are covered with "Festive Fern" embossing powder then added some Lil Davies glitter glaze on top.

4 comments:

Eleanor said...

Perfect papers for this. The uteed letters are worth the effort, too, gorgeous.

Sherry said...

Nic journal and lovely Christmas card. It's exciting to have a new toy -- ahh, I mean tool! :)
sherry

Georgia said...

The colors on this cover are very pretty. Good Job!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog and your day-to-day running on your journal. It's going to be a masterpiece when it's finished.
See you soon!
Gill (aka 'Gillybee')